Billing updates - use this one
A Taste of AAMI
A sampler from our complete curriculum | taught by Sheehan Rosen
Introduction and General Instructions
A Taste of AAMI Complete Assignments
1. Submit a short opinion paper on any two (2) of these topics:
2. Read Henci Goer’s Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth.
3. Maternal-Newborn Nursing and Women's Health (9th edition or newer)
4. Submit 2 INFOCARDS relating to specific supplements or nutrition advice you would suggest during pregnancy.
5. Describe the female pelvis (bones and location). Make a detailed fact sheet on pelvimetry, essential measurements, and classifications. Include diagrams. Note references.
6. Outline, describe and familiarize yourself with the mechanisms of labor. Know this so well that you can demonstrate it with a baby and pelvis. If you do not have these you can use your fist and cupped hand. Include pictures and note references.
7. Create an InfoSheet on the reproductive health and environmental/toxic exposures in your area. Include industry, water supply, pollution, proximity to hazardous waste sites, etc.
8. Homebirth Preparation Books
9. List any books you have read for the purpose of creating a Counseling Notebook.
10. Prenatal Care
11. What are the advantages of intact membranes during first stage of labor?
12. Why is it important for the midwife to be able to estimate how many weeks gestation a newborn is? Create or copy a chart that you would use that would help you make a very quick assessment of fetal maturity. Note references.
13. Make an InfoSheet for mothers on the adaptations of her body in the postpartum period, beginning with the period immediately after birth until the 6th week. Include danger signs and all “what if” information they might need.
We suggest moving this party over to a full size window.
You'll enjoy it way more.